Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Get "Online Instant Quotes". Just click above to find out how much your premium will be now! Or, simply call us at (916) 488- 4426 and we will complete the quote for you.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Also, you may qualify to receive discounts on your auto insurance policies. These include:
- Good Driver Discount - Your cost will be less for years of safe or accident-free driving.
- Multiple Car Discount - When you insure more than one vehicle, a discount will be applied.
- Safe Car Discount - Cars equipped with factory installed airbags, seatbelts, anti-lock brakes, approved anti-theft devices, or any disabling after market alarm system (such as LoJack, Teletrac or OnStar) will reduce premiums.
- Good Student Discount - You will qualify for a discount if you're 25 years or younger, unmarried, and a full-time student with a “B” grade point average or better.
- Defensive Driver DiscountIf you are the principal driver of your insured car and are 55 years or older, your premiums can be reduced by completing an approved defensive-driving class.