Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOMEOWNERS

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Flood Insurance FLOOD

Typical homeowners policies exclude flood damage. Get coverage now.

Read More
Earthquake Insurance EARTHQUAKE

Earthquake claims are best covered with a standalone policy.

Read More
Business Insurance BUSINESS

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Life & Health Insurance LIFE & HEALTH

Learn about different health coverage options that fit your needs.

Read More

Here is a list of household items that you should have at home in the event of an emergency.

Public safety agencies recommend residents put together emergency supply kits, which can come in handy in the event of floods, fires or extended power outages:

What you need to prepare for a flood:

The essentials:

• Water: one gallon per person per day. A week's supply is recommended.
• Food: ready-to-eat canned meats, fruits and vegetables, canned juices, milk, soup (if powdered, store extra water)
• Nonelectric can opener
• Portable radio, flashlight, spare batteries
• Essential medications
• Candles, matches
• Cash and change
• Baby supplies: formula, bottle, pacifier, soap and baby powder, clothing, blankets, baby wipes, disposable diapers, canned food and juices
• Important papers: insurance policies, copies of Social Security cards and birth certificates in a waterproof container
• Pet supplies: food, carrier, leash

Other items:

• Cooking and eating utensils
• Sanitation supplies, including household bleach, toilet paper and bar soap
• Change of clothing and sturdy shoes
• Blankets, sleeping bags, rain gear
• Tools and supplies, including shovel, ax, broom, screwdriver, pliers, hammer, and plastic or duct tape

For information on power outages and safety during storms:

• Sacramento Municipal Utility District customers should check; search under "Customer Safety."
• Pacific Gas and Electric customers should check, search under "Storms, Outages and Safety."

Read more:

If you are in a flood zone, make sure you have Flood Insurance.  This coverage in not provided in your Homeowners Policy.  For areas that are not in a flood zone, but would like flood protection, the cost is about $300 per year.  If you have any questions about your insurance, contact us at (800) 807-6871.  We would be happy to discuss all of your options. 
Posted 4:57 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder